Fundraise for us
With only 45% of our services funded by District Health Boards, we rely on your support to provide most of our services to those with dementia, their carers, their family and whanau. It doesn't have to be hard to raise money for us – so why not give it a try?
Run, walk, jump or swim
If you’re planning to run a marathon, swim Lake Taupo, or jump out of a plane, why not get stuck in and raise some money as well? Annual events that you could use as a fundraiser include the Auckland Marathon, the Rotorua Marathon, Round the Bays, Walk for Dementia, and Jump for a Cause.
Handy hints for fundraising
- Register on a fundraising site like Everyday Hero or Give a Little, making it easy for friends and family to donate.
- Promote via email, Facebook, and Twitter to your family, friends and colleagues.
Collect for us
Hold an event
Big or small, holding an event is a great way to raise money to help us support people living with dementia. Use your imagination to create an event that will inspire your friends and family and your local community while raising money for a great cause.
Here’s a list of ideas to get you started:
- Get Together for Dementia—organise a dinner party, morning tea, or barbeque in your community
- Unclutter your home with a garage sale, book sale, or auction
- Have some fun at a bingo evening or quiz night
- Arrange a raffle with fun prizes
- Schools – show your support with a mufti day
- Fundraise with a bake sale or sausage sizzle